Profile image for delilahc

An incinerator could be built in Devonport Naval Base's North Yard to handle household rubbish from Plymouth, Torbay and South Devon: http://tinyurl.com/yzb2r89

By delilahc at 15:03 on 16/11/09

Re-post           

• Profile image for delilahc

An incinerator could be built in Devonport Naval Base's North Yard to handle household rubbish from Plymouth, Torbay and South Devon: tinyurl.com/yzb2r89

By delilahc at 15:03 on 16/11/09

• Profile image for APS Removals - Plymouth

From my unerstanding Viridor have applied for the contract and they if succesful will use a large quarry they own 5 miles outside town.........Devonport is on the table as a alternitive by a diffrent application to tendor!

By APS Removals - Plymouth at 18:17 on 17/11/09

• Profile image for Councillornic

As a local elected Councillor I would be interested to  hear people's views on this.  There are two proposed sites in Devonport.  One in North Yard and the other in South yard.  I think Babcock are very keen because they could use the steam generated to save lots of dosh but what do local people think.  Residents at other sites, together with their elected representatives are fighting hard to prevent it. Tory Mp Gary Street says it should be buildt in Devonport,   What do you think?  Email me at Nicky.Wildy@plymouth.gov.uk so i can help make your voice heard.

By Councillornic at 14:27 on 18/11/09

• Profile image for LHPlymouth

We have only just found out about the incinerator. It is classed as Devonport but it is in the area of St Budeaux/Weston Mill/Barne Barton. Meeting at St Budeaux Community Centre on Monday 22nd Feb at 7.30 to let local residents know and form an action plan etc. All welcome to attend - need to stop the incinerators from being anywhere especially in residential areas.

By LHPlymouth at 22:34 on 15/02/10

• Profile image for support24

Currently planned for Plymouth is one of two site options for EfW plants, Both these sites will adversity affect the people living close to the sites and natural beauty, Both these plants offer a payback in the form of energy, which is preferable to the cost of actually dealing with our waste problems, this is the easy, but dirty option, And once one is built where does it stop? This is not the way to reach our energy targets or deal with our waste problems but they are the cheapest but at what cost?

Again the deprived areas of Plymouth suffer as a result of decisions taken by people that would never be effected directly by the impact of such a development. I urge you to join this group to show your disgust and let our MP know directly.

for more information visit Incineration is Wrong at http://tinyurl.com/34dk3gr which is a campagin group set up by local residents we need all the help we can get to stop this happening

By support24 at 12:14 on 01/09/10

• Profile image for support24

It's now Jan 2011, the site has been chosen, by a process of excluding affecteds wards from the democrastic process leaving us without a say! People we need to stand up and be counted, Dates for action by IIW are as follows:

26th Jan (Wednesday) There is a public meeting at the St Budeaux Community centre from 7pm (Next to Lidl)
    31st Jan (Monday) from 1pm IIW will be lobbying the council outside the civic centre in the centre of the city.

5th February (Saturday) There is a public protest starting at St Budeaux Sq Midday.

By support24 at 17:04 on 20/01/11

• Profile image for tiptop11

Wish I'd heard about this in time! Would have been there! How did you all get on? Any more news on the development?

By tiptop11 at 09:36 on 15/02/11

Join the Discussion

max 4000 characters

Local Jobs

Search for...

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min price is bigger than Max price

Min rent is bigger than Max rent